GLOBUS 2019: The Best of Austria & Switzerland (ZC)
11 days from Vienna to Zurich
Call (203) 281-5888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13995748
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a special welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Vienna||Start your guided sightseeing with a visit to magnificent SCHONBRUNN PALACE. Then, drive along the Ringstrasse, pass the State Opera House, the Jewish quarter, and stop at the Hofburg Palace, winter residence of the Austrian imperial family. Marvel at the impressive courtyards, famous HELDENPLATZ, and awesome St. Stephen's Cathedral. Balance of the day is at leisure and you can choose from our exciting optional excursions to enhance your stay. (B)|
|Day 3||Salzburg||Enjoy a leisurely DANUBE CRUISE along the prettiest part of the river. Afterwards, catch glimpses of historic Melk Abbey, and continue through the romantic Salzkammergut lakeland, made famous in The Sound of Music movie. Stop in Mondsee to visit the PARISH CHURCH, which was used for the wedding scenes, and continue to Salzburg. During your guided walking tour admire exquisite MIRABELL GARDENS, the Great Festival Hall, St. Peter's Monastery, and magnificent RESIDENZ SQUARE, where some scenes of The Sound of Music movie were filmed. Also take pictures of Mozart's birthplace in the charming Getreidegasse. [LF] A special dinner and Salzburger Nockerl (sweet dessert souffle) has been prepared for you at the famous St. Peter Stiftskeller restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Salzburg||Today is your chance to join an optional excursion to spectacular Berchtesgaden and Hitler's Eagles Nest. (B)|
|Day 5||St Moritz||Enter the Tyrolean Alps and stop in the capital of crystal, Innsbruck. Enjoy a pleasant walk through its quaint medieval lanes to Emperor Maximilian's GOLDEN ROOF. Next, a scenic drive into the Swiss Engadine, considered by many as the most beautiful mountain area in the world with its deep-blue lakes, airy larch forests that turn golden in the fall, mountain peaks exceeding 12,000 feet, and quaint villages with massive white stone houses in the characteristic Grisons style. The rest of the day is at leisure in ritzy St. Moritz. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Zermatt||Drive through exhilarating Alpine scenery. At Chur, [LF] board the first-class panoramic coach of the world-famous GLACIER EXPRESS TRAIN, which connects two of Switzerland's most famous skiing areas: St. Moritz and Zermatt. Enjoy your first-class ride with panorama windows and admire thundering waterfalls, impressive peaks, glacial ice fields, and tiny villages as you pass through the Valais, a region known for its great mountain resorts and excellent wines. Lunch will be served on the train. This afternoon you are in Zermatt, a picturesque cluster of rustic chalets beneath the majestic Matterhorn. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Zermatt||An entire day at leisure gives you the possibility to join a spectacular optional excursion to the Klein Matterhorn for breathtaking panoramic views of the Matterhorn and the Alps. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Berne||Board the MOUNTAIN TRAIN to Tasch and motor through the lower Rhone Valley to the shores of Lake Geneva. Here, enjoy a highlight visit to CHILLON CASTLE, the 12th-century water fortress immortalized by poet Lord Byron. Arrive in Berne for your overnight stay. (B)|
|Day 9||Lucerne||Your guided tour starts with a stop at the Rose Garden for a panoramic view of the city. Walk through the beautifully preserved medieval Old Town, witness the hourly parade of painted figures at the Clock Tower and marvel at the ornate, flower-adorned fountains. Stop at the BEAR PARK, symbol for the name of the town. Next is Interlaken, where you can take pictures of the towering Jungfrau, then continue across Brunig Pass to picturesque Lucerne. An optional evening is available to a folklore party with yodeling and alphorn blowing for a first-hand impression of Alpine merrymaking. (B)|
|Day 10||Lucerne||On your walking tour this morning, admire Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the fallen Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution, and ornate patrician houses of the walled Old Town. Then, cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit church. Afterwards, shop for watches, and you may wish to join an optional excursion to Mount Pilatus. This evening, [LF] enjoy a PRIVATE BOAT CRUISE on the fjord-like lake, followed by a farewell dinner at a local restaurant to celebrate the success of your Swiss vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Zurich||Morning transfer to Zurich Airport in time for homebound flights leaving no earlier than 10 am. Extra nights are available in Zurich, not Lucerne. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $508Triple room reduction per person: $49Extra nights per person in Vienna:in single room $144-$175, in twin $80-$104, in triple $80-$128Extra nights per person in Zurich:in single room $150, in twin $100, in triple $80
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).